1. No one cleans unless they have to, and you don't have to until the day your parents are supposed to be back.
|I was the one who shoveled.|
2. Don't just buy dairy and gluten products when you go to the store. We basically just got milk, eggs, bagels, pita bread, and labne, a Middle Eastern yogurt/cheese thing we add garlic powder to and eat with the pita bread. We should also have gotten meat and snack food.
3. Yes, your other siblings can handle being alone with the baby while one person leaves. I babysat someone else's kids, my sister went on a date, one brother went to school (the rest of us are on break), and another brother went all the way to Ann Arbor to get the Phantom Menace, because NONE of the closer libraries had it. It's not the end of the world.
4. I make a wicked good caramel sauce.
|Pair this with some coffee! Recipe from Ree Drummond|
5. Watch all the movies you want, but schedule them. Staying up until 12 two nights in a row was probably not a good idea, especially since one was a school night.
6. Prayers do work--the mom of those kids I babysat is having another baby, and instead of its head facing down, it was lying more like a banana (???). But it's good now! :D
7. Always treat your neighbors well, because you might get stuck in your driveway and need their help.
Our neighbors are awesome.
8. It's going to be a relief when my parents get back, but I'm glad they could go have fun. :)