Monday, January 11, 2016

Real Food for REAL People

As you might have noticed, I've been away for the reading/blogosphere for a while. I haven't been into books or writing at all, so I just dropped 'em and moved on. Maybe I should have left a blog post explaining why, but alas, I am the master of my blog. My blog does not rule me. I walked away, but now I'm back, after noticing a certain kind of blog post that was severely underwriten.

How many of you actually have quinoa in your pantry? Does anyone really care if eating cheezits will bring about your early demise? Most recipes require going to the grocery store for five pounds of something that you'll never use again.

Hence, I'm starting a blog series for real food for real people, using ingredients you can actually find in your kitchen. Hope you find these helpful. :)

Applesauce for one
1 apple, any kind (I think I used a huge Granny Smith--tasted good, but should have gone for a smaller size)
2 or 3 tablespoons of sugar, or however much you end up wanting (c'mon, I have no idea how much I used. I'm just guessing here)
A squirt of lemon juice. This one probably isn't too important, especially if you're going to eat it right away. Lemon juice keeps your sauce from turning brown as it sits out. I like to use a ton so it ends up as more of a lemon-apple sauce.

Peel apple and cut into half inch pieces. Drop into pot; cover with water. Boil for 5 to 10 minutes until tender when pierced with a fork--or your teeth. Drain and put into a medium bowl. As sugar and lemon juice and beat with an egg beater. Voila! Quick and easy applesauce.




Ciao for now,
J Girl

4 comments:

  1. yay! so glad you're back, Julia! And yes...you are the master of your blog, not the other way around :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay! I'm so glad that someone else knows what quinoa is! (although we really don't have any in our pantry right now)
    Good to see more blog posts; don't let your blog rule you. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jullie welcome bavk. Why did you remove me from your friends list. I have been waiting so long for you to return to the blogosphere and when you come back you remove me? Why?

    ReplyDelete