Thursday, October 22, 2015

NaNoWriMo

I've been away from the blogging/goodreads space for a while. I just haven't really be reading as much, but I'm going to do the youth NaNoWriMo this year. I'm in love with my plot line: When Siobhan starts volunteering at Caring Cors Community (similar to real world Big Brothers Big Sisters), she's not prepared for the difficulties that come with spending time with a little girl, Jayla, who's clearly hiding something, but won't let go of her secret. Coupled with problems at home, can Siobhan find the strength to stand alone? Or is will that only be her downfall?

Siobhan is super Irish. I actually had to look up a youtube video on how to pronounce that name. xD It's like "Shovanne".

Caring Cors Community is based off of Big Brothers Big Sisters corporation. It's basically where you can sign up to get a mentor (or to be one). It's not necessarily like tutoring, but more like just spending time with them--A good outside influence, if you will. I was originally very put off by the website because when you sign up to become a Big Sister, they ask you to try to get some men in your life to sign up as well, because there aren't enough Big Brothers. When you go to the page to become a Big Brother, it doesn't say anything about trying to get your girlfriend into becoming Big Sister. I was like, "Fine! My help isn't good enough for you? Then you won't get it!"

Also, you have to be, like, 18. So, yeah.

Annnyway, in my book there's going to be lots of Latin phrases awkwardly spouted off by Siobhan, scary secrets, and no love story (probably). I love me a good love story, but you can only take so many.

Are you doing NaNoWriMo this year?

3 comments:

  1. Hey Julia! I know you don't have a header. I was wanting to ask you if you might want me to make one for you. I can make one with pictures. Just tell me if you do. Just wondering!
    Ellie R.
    www.uniquelyyou1.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jullie, I wanted to know what you think of my writing so far. I will send you a copy of what I have gotten so far. What do you like to write about? Most if my stories are strange dystopian or science fiction weird stuff. Like the antagonist in my current writing is a Spartan warrior who escaped the fall of Sparta and got lost in time, resulting in him landing in what is today Los Angeles , CA. He recruits kids between ages 10-18 to raise a new Spartan race that would destroy the world and make the whole world be under his rule.

    ReplyDelete