Thursday, September 24, 2015

In Which I Am Stranded + What I Should Have Brought

So, I'm typing this in the college lobby. A few hours ago I got the car keys from my sister, put my empty mason jar in the car (it had held a smoothie--mason jars for the win!), and then gave the keys back to the sister--or so I think. She says I never gave them back. So now we're waiting for my mom to come pick us up with the spare keys.

Annnnyway, remember that college checklist I posted a few weeks ago on the first day of school? Here's an updated list on what I've learned.


  1. Bring spare keys, dang it.
  2. Also pack something that doesn't need Internet. On the first day, my laptop wouldn't connect and I was super bored. It does now, but I still bring my kindle fire to play games on while waiting for my sister to finish classes.
  3. Ear buds are a must. I forgot them today and really missed them (ESPECIALLY RIGHT NOW).
  4. $1 bills are easier to use than $20s. You can't use those on vending machines.
  5. I have located the coffee vending machine! It's seriously the coolest. This homeschooler had never seen on until I took the placement test, but once school started they got rid of it (???). Anyway, I found one on the other side of the building and intend to frequent it. I'm drinking a whole chocolate caramel one now. Very tasty.
  6. It's okay to be on your laptop before class starts, or even at the beginning when your teacher is summarizing what happened at the last class (unless a quiz is coming. Then pay attention). I'm pretty sure I'm distracting the guy behind me since I've been bookmarking recipes on allrecipes.com. ;)
How's the beginning of school been for y'all?

2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. It was SO GOOD. But when I checked again later the machine was Out of Order. :(

      Delete