Thursday, August 27, 2015

Admiring a Blogger + Life Updates

So...Rachel @ Random Rants by Rcubed is basically my soulmate. We're almost the same age, we both run, we're both excited for school (or at least, I am) and we're eager to drive, (also, we both got new laptops!) Seeing her posts makes me want to post as well. Hence, this update on life.

1. Learning: Instead of going to a Catholic co-op twice a week this year, now I'll be going to community college as a dual enrolled student. That means I'm still in high school (although I plan to "graduate" early), but it'll be on college campus and with college credits. Since I'm dual enrolled though, I can only take three classes, and two start late. :P So soon, I'll be taking Intro to Criminal Justice, and at the end of September algebra starts (I'm not getting college credit for that though, since it's below college level), and in early October my fitness class starts. The only one I anticipate being difficult is algebra. :P

2. Running: I'm running a half marathon in October! The training plan has been perfect so far--right now I'm running for 9 minutes, walking for 2, repeat ??? amount of times (it depends). When I started there was no way I could do that, but now I'm ready for more.

3. Reading: I was in a reading slump for a while, but I think I'm pulling out of it. I finished a book the other day and I'll write a review for Goodreads soon. The amount of books I have in my room waiting to be read (maybe twenty?) were overwhelming. Frankly, Netgalley books are at the bottom of my list. Right now, I prefer physical books. I'm sure my preference will flip soon but that's where I'm t right now, so yeah.

4. Writing: I really want to get into this again! I bought 642 Things to Write About to try to ease in. Maybe I'll do NaNoWriMo this year.

5. Watching: I'm looking for TV series recommendations! I've finish BBC Sherlock, Avatar: The Last Airbender, The Legend of Korra, and Downton Abbey. I can't sit still for a movie, but I can watch 5 episodes in a row or something. Less emotional commitment.

Sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo there you go. Hopefully I'll start posting more regularly soon.

8 comments:

  1. Congrats on taking college classes! I'm sure you'll do great. If you're looking for good TV shows, have you ever tried Korean Dramas? I just found a few, and most of them are really good and pretty clean (I'd check review first just in case, but they're generally really good about keeping stuff appropriate) Some good ones are Faith (a.k.a. The Great Doctor), Boys Over Flowers (cheesy, but really fun) and I'm currently watching Rooftop Prince. If you're into Marvel stuff, have you seen Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. ? Also really exciting. (-:

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Elizabeth! Are the Korean dramas in English, or Korean with subtitles?

      Delete
  2. Watch Midsummer Murders. I run cross country for my school. Failed to make it to the Wolf Pack invtarional by 2 minutes! : ( Ineed to get back into writing also. Right now i'm reading 1776 by David McCohuluck and Dragonquest by Donnita K Paul.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry to hear about missing your running goal. :P Right now I'm not running for time, I'm working on distances. Good luck about getting back into writing! I need to work on that myself.

      Delete
    2. college classes must be cool. Cross Country home meet is on wedsday. Wish me luck. i'm gonna shoot you a email and ask your opinion on something.

      Delete
  3. DUDE I'M HONORED. THANK YOU.

    also, i'm a really bad runner. just thought you should know. (lol)

    congrats on taking college classes! i've wanted to do that, but unfortunately i think i'm stuck in high school for the next two years :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey, you said you ran a 5K without any walking breaks! I think that makes you a pretty fantastic runner!

      Delete