Monday, June 8, 2015

Survey Results!

The results are in for the survey I took! You can still take it and write your response in the comments at the end of this post. Just because I'm showing some pie charts doesn't mean I don't want your input anymore. :)
Pie charts
Frankly, I'm a little surprised that personal life got the most votes.
.
I guess you can expect some posts about hearing loss, driver's ed, and going to college!

Book discussions come in second. I've been thinking about how good negative reviews are for a book's publicity, so I'll either do a vlog or a blog post about that soon. Next comes giveaways in general, Modern Decency, and Link-Ups (someone commented about a video "link-up" she'd like me to participate in, so can I just say YES YES YES that will be coming soon). After that comes giveaways by me (so I'm in charge of shipping, not someone else), and then book reviews and "other". Unfortunately, either they just didn't put anything into the blank, or their response just didn't get logged. Sorry about that!

Every blog has that one little thing that drives the heck out of their readers, so I asked what I did that was annoying.

Two people said I'm too vague in my reviews, and when I asked how to make my blog better, I also got two that said they're not fans of my blog design. I am currently working on a new one. A lot of people seem to use white backrounds, and that looks very clean and non-cluttered, so I think I'll go that route. I still hope to incorporate stars somehow, since I love fantasizing about them.

This time, four voters said "other", and all the responses saved! One person said she wasn't personally a fan of GIFs (I know who said that! ;) and I almost agree with her. Not completely--I think GIFs are great at breaking up big chunks of text and make reviews more interesting. On the other hand though, one time someone said on their blog that they try to make the GIFs all come from the same movie or whatever, and so I started doing that too, instead of picking whatever seemed to fit. Suddenly, they had to be themed and coordinated. I've been spending way too much time trying to find the perfect GIFs, but guess what? That blogger doesn't even follow their own advice anymore! So while I will still include GIFs here, I may not do them as often.

Someone said "We Are Writers, as mentioned above" so maybe they were the person who said "other" at the top? Anyway, about WAW...since I'm not really writing anymore (or not anytime soon, that is), I've deleted WAW.  A couple people submitted, so I'm really sorry I won't be able to use their pieces. Maybe another time! If it ever comes back, I'll use their pieces first.

Thank you SO MUCH to everyone who participated. As much as I want to stay "out of the crowd" and do the stuff I like, I still want to take other people's opinions into account.

No comments:

Post a Comment