Friday, May 15, 2015

The Bookshelf Link-Up!

Sunny Smith @ A Splash of Ink is hosting her first link-up, and it's all about bookshelves! I've wanted to show off my shelves for a while now, so I'm totally glad she's doing this. :)

Top shelf:

Yes, I have a baby naming book. It has good inspiration for character names!

Middle Shelf:


Bottom shelf:



How do you sort your books? Author, genre, not at all?
My top shelf is for non-fiction and my "to-reads", the middle shelf is for paperbacks, and the bottom is for hardcovers (and also The Host. My paperback shelf is stuffed). That way they look nice and uniformed.

Do you have any special trinkets or decorations on your shelves, or are they purely business?
Uh, let's see...on the bottom shelf I have a cardboad box that I'll use the next time I'm hosting a giveaway (I took it out for the picture because it blocked too much light). I know I've had a lot recently because of the book tours, but I'm not the one sending out the prizes--it's something the author does. But you still get points for following my blog, so that rocks. ;)

I also have two pretty stationary boxes, one with (surprise!) stationary, and the other with stuff like post-it notes and ink for my feather pen.

What genre dominates your bookshelf? Or what genres make up your bookshelf?
Hm...I have a lot of fantasy.

Are there any books on your shelf that you're particularly proud of?
Probably TFIOS and Blind. Also, my growing collection of Gallagher Girl books is one of my favorites. I bought the first three as a set, and I got the fifth one from a library book sale. Now I just need the fourth and sixth.

What is the ratio between read books and TBR books on your shelf?
I've read about 85-90% of the books I own. More like 70-80% if you include the books on my kindle.

What is the most recent addition to your bookshelf?
I bought Flipped from the library for 50 cents. I read it a while ago, but a couple scenes from the movie were actually shot three blocks away from my house, so I think I'll read it again.

Describe your dream bookshelf setup.
A walk-in closet of books.

Now I'm often to admire the other linkers' book shelves! I hope Sunny does another one soon. :)

4 comments:

  1. So fun! Love the idea of a walk-in book closet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for joining up with the link-up! I'm glad that I gave you an excuse to show off your shelves; I love seeing them.

    I noticed your Gallagher Girl books right away (they stand out with the plaid covers). I really enjoyed that series and I too pick them up whenever I see them second hand. Good luck with finding the last few you need!

    I also like how you sort your books by soft cover and hard cover. That's definitely a good idea. They look nice and uniform that way.

    Great job with the post! And I will definitely be doing more link-ups in the future!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't wait till I get the rest of the GG books! I'm also looking around for second hand Princess Diaries. And I will definitely link up with you in the future. ;)

      Delete