Tuesday, March 31, 2015

Preparing for Camp NaNoWriMo

Tomorrow Camp NaNoWriMo begins! I plan on waking up early, getting a shower, and then sitting down to write (with coffee, of course). Here's how I plan to make April a success.


First off, I have my writing binder and notebook. They've got notes and glorious stuff in 'em, so I keep them secret and safe.

Just kidding. If you ever see me with them, I'll probably let you take a peek.

I also have my (or rather, my dad's) water bottle and box of pens, both to keep my fuel going. I have ever color pen imaginable, except yellow.

Next come my comfort stuff: candles and a sweatshirt. Although, I need these every month, not just in April. Candles help keep me focused because I hate it when rings form on the sides, so I have to sit still long enough to let the whole top layer melt.

Then I have homemade handle lotion and chapstick. I also have hand sanitizer, but that's not homemade.

Not to be forgotten,of course, I also have Mahershalalhashbaz, the laptop my sister and I share.

I wanted to name it Bob.

I was overruled.

By the way, Mary, the longest name in the Bible is Pelejoezelgibborabiadsarshalom. I think it's more of a title than a name though. According to Wikipedia, it's translated as "His name shall be called Wonderful, Counselor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace".
It's a very efficient language. You can write  a whole book on a napkin. -- Lord of the Beans, Veggie Tales
Anyway.

I might also reference Storyworld First and Go Teen Writers. Jill Williamson and Stephanie Morrill have tons of great advice.

And there you have it. If you're doing Camp NaNo this year, feel free to friend me! Good luck, everyone. :)

What are your writing essentials?

No comments:

Post a Comment