Monday, February 16, 2015

Stacking the Shelves

Today I'm linking up with Tynga's Reviews for Stacking the Shelves!
STSmall

Here's what I'm reading this week.

Some books and my knee.
From the library:

Moon Over Manifest
This is a re-read for me. I first read it several years ago and was blown away by the author, Clare Vanderpool. She's so awesome.

Also in the picture is StargirlI'm putting it on hold for now because I'm reading it too fast, and this is the kind of book you have to savor. I just ordered it as an audio book, so I hope that will help.

What I Bought:

The Host
Yep, I'm reading a book by Stephenie Meyer. So far, so good, although the dialogue is kind of stilted.

On kindle:

Down From the Mountain
This is about a cult! It's kind of scary (duh), so Moon Over Manifest is getting precedence. Although that's scary too. Why are all the books I read so good?

Island Fire
I'm feeling really disconnected to the main characters, so I don't think I'll finish.

And there you have it! Have any of you read Stargirl? From what I've read, the beginning feels kind of forced.

6 comments:

  1. About Stargirl. I think I read it back in sixth grade, but the author's other books aren't that good. Jerry Spinelli's just not that great of a writer in my opinion (but I'm pretty picky).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, the part that I read had the main character saying lots of things that he couldn't back up with proof for the reader, so it was hard to agree with him, if that makes any sense. I still can't wait to get the audio book though.

      Delete
  2. Tell me what you think of Stargirl. I've heard it was excellent, but I want to be sure before I buy it. (-: Have fun reading!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There's a lot of telling instead of showing in the part that I read, but I think it has potential. I can't wait for the audio book to get in!

      Delete
  3. I read and liked The Host. Hope you enjoy your books!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! The Host is super long, but there are some really beautiful quotes in it.

      Delete