Saturday, February 21, 2015

Moon Over Manifest! (Actually, a Tag)

Sarah @ Forever Changed has tagged me for the Epic Reads tag! It started as a youtube video HarperCollins Teens put on (oh, how I'd love to work there), and then some people moved it to blogger. Hence, you know, this post.

Thank you so much, Sarah!

1. If you could invite one author and one of their fictional characters to tea, who would you invite and what would you serve them?
I guess Jill Williamson and Spencer Garmond, from The New Recruit. I don't know what I'd serve them because my mind is on MOON OVER MANIFEST, AKA one of the best books ever. Review to come tomorrow!

2. What book do you wish an author would write a prequel for?
Well, Moon Over Manifest doesn't really need a prequel, so maybe one for Gallagher Girls? Unless Ally Carter has already done that. She is a writing machine!

3. What two characters (NOT from the same book) would make a good couple?
Uhhhhhhhhhh....maybe Celaena Sardothien and Achan Cham? My brain is not good as this.

4. If you ran into your favorite author on the subway and only could say on sentence to them, who is it and what would it be?
Dear Clare Vanderpool, author of Moon Over Manifest--Never stop writing!

5. What book made you a reader and why?
Dick and Jane and Vampires
Just kidding. I learned to read with the normal Dick and Jane, then really started with Pride and Prejudice and Gone With the Wind. I kind of missed the chapter books.

6. Incendio! Your bookshelf just caught on fire! What is the one book you would save?
WHAT?
Well, my kindle isn't on my bookshelf, so I guess that's safe...my sister said I'd save my Go Teen Writers book. I probably would.

7. Which dystopian world would you want to live in and why?
Um, none of them? If Cinder's world counts, then that one. I stand a chance of staying alive there, unless i caught the plague.

8. What is your most Epic Read of all time?
MOON OVER MANIFEST. It is so awesome. Clare Vanderpool is the master. When I went to the library yesterday to get her next book, Navigating Early, it wasn't there. :( Even though it had been only a few days before! How dare someone else have the same literary tastes that I do?

There you have it! What's your most Epic Read of all time?

Thanks again for nominating me, Sarah!

4 comments:

  1. Moon over Manifest and Navigating Early are both such beautifully written and very meaningful books. They both are way at the top of my favorite books of ever list. NOW IS CLARE VANDERPOOL GOING TO WRITE ANY MORE BOOKS, OR WHAT?!? I AM WAITING IN PAIN! I can't find anything recent online about her or her books.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I KNOW! She's barely online at all. It's quite sad. :( Navigating Early was only published last year though, so maybe she has plans for more books soon? I need moooooore.

      Delete
  2. Ally Carter is not a writing machine. Do you KNOW how long I've been waiting for a new Heist Society book? EONS. Yeah for Celaena Sardothien. She is probably my favorite female in YA. (Although seriously, she already had two great guys. Adding another to the mix would just be so complicated!)
    Anyway, thank you for commenting on my blog, Inklined.
    ~Sarah Faulkner

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, yeah, Celaena's life is pretty booked. I need to read Heir of Fire soon!

      I don't think Ally Carter is writing more for Heist Society, but she did just come out with All Fall Down and the last Gallagher Girl book, I think. She must have her hands full!

      Delete