Like usual, I'm using my Jane Eyre retelling, Permanent Ink.
2. How did they first meet?
So, uh, I'm not 100% sure this is legal, but Josie is a foster child who just moved into the Fairfax-Rochesters' house. So Ethan is her foster brother.
3. What were their first thoughts of each other? (Love at first sight or “you’re freakishly annoying”?)
More of attraction at first sight. Let me tell you, that is totally a real thing.
4. What do they do that most annoys each other?
Ethan shows his affection by making her jealous, which is a terrible idea. Josie is determined to take the moral high ground, but she's still super impulsive.
5. Are their personalities opposite or similar?
They're similar in the way that they both do things they end up regretting, different in the way that Ethan is pretty much content with his station and Josie is always trying to stop being on someone's charity.
6. How would their lives be different without each other?
Josie wouldn't be hiding in a distant city, for one thing. And Ethan would still be grieving over his past mistake.
7. Are they ever embarrassed of each other?
Hm.... Well, Ethan hasn't dated for a while, so his old friends all want to mess with Josie, the new girl. But I wouldn't say Josie is embarrassed of Ethan very often, although she hated always being dependent on someone, be it the foster care institute, the Fairfax-Rochesters, or anyone else.
8. Does anyone disapprove of their relationship?
Some of Ethan's friends sure do!
9. Do they see their relationship as long-term/leading to marriage?
Well, the original Jane and Edward totally wanted to get married, so I want Ethan and Josie to be in that direction. ;) They're only seventeen though.
10. If they could plan the “perfect outing” together, where would they go?
Somewhere scenic so Josie could sketch. Maybe a forest.
And there you have it! Are your characters different or similar to each other?