Tuesday, January 13, 2015

The Terrible Two

The Terrible TwoThe Terrible Two by Jory John
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I LOL'd for nearly the entire novel. Not kidding.

Thank you so much, Netgalley and Abrams, for this free book to review!
Miles Murphy is not happy to be moving to Yawnee Valley, a sleepy town that’s famous for one thing and one thing only: cows. In his old school, everyone knew him as the town’s best prankster, but Miles quickly discovers that Yawnee Valley already has a prankster, and a great one. If Miles is going to take the title from this mystery kid, he is going to have to raise his game.
 
It’s prankster against prankster in an epic war of trickery, until the two finally decide to join forces and pull off the biggest prank ever seen: a prank so huge that it would make the members of the International Order of Disorder proud.
This is one of the funniest books I have ever read. It began with a pranking war, which was awesome, and then a pranking alliance, which was even more awesome. Niles and Miles (I wish they had different names though!) are hilarious, although Niles has quite a devious side. He's bullied, but he doesn't mind helping the bully find Miles after Miles first refused Niles's invitation. What a mouthful!

My only qualm about this book is the random cow facts sprinkled throughout. I honestly did not need to see a couple of pages of a book Miles receives about cows. They only needed one fact anyway.
disney animated GIF
Blaaaaaah
If you think children who read this book will automatically become liars and pranksters, then stay away from this book. I'm not saying everything they did was good, but it sure was hilarious. Just trust that most middle schoolers do not have access to cows. A lot of the other books by Jory John seem to be more actively inappropriate, but this one is fantastic and I would totally recommend it to any prankster.

View all my reviews

Grading:
Language: A?
Violence: A?

2 comments:

  1. I fancy myself a prankster so MUST GET THIS. I need more humorous books in my life because my TBR is waaaay to serious these days

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mine too! I love soul crushing books, but funny ones are just as important. :)

      Delete