Thursday, December 25, 2014

Modern Decency #2--Christmas

Guess what I got for Christmas?

A kindle fire!

Since it can take pictures, I decided to write another Modern Decency post. The pictures may not be the best quality, but I'm just glad I can take them.

Outfit 1/3: Vigil mass and morning mass
So, this is what I wore to the five o'clock mass on Christmas eve, and then again today on Christmas morning. I attended all three masses, in case you're wondering. I went to the vigil mass because that's the one my family goes to, and the morning mass to sit with a family with five kids under the age of seven. The mom is there too, of course, but the dad is our singer/organist/cantor, so he can't help keep his mini army quiet. So I do (sort of).

This is my sister's room, in case you're wondering. I had to use it because she has a full length mirror. Thanks, sis.

Black dress: eshakti.com, AKA one of the best clothing companies ever. They're sort of expensive, and they ship from India, but they have good sales. Especially if you're a first time customer, which I was when I bought this dress. Overall, it was $30-40. Wearing a dry-clean only dress while holding a seven month old baby may not have been the best idea, though.

Jewelry: Christie @ The Celtic Cowgirl made me the earrings, and the owl necklace is from my grandma. Pictures do not do these pieces justice.

Since the neckline is a little lower than I'm used to, I wore a black Cami Secret with it. It's just a clip-on rectangle with some lace at the top, so it's really light weight. On Amazon, a set of three is about $10.

Outfit 2/3: Midnight mass
Because I'm in the adult choir, I got to sing at the midnight mass. I wanted to wear something simple, so I could change easily when I got home. I was up waaaaaay past my bed time.



I forgot to put the purple earrings back in (and my glasses), but I've still got the same necklace on.
Wool skirt: I really have no idea where it came from. But it's comfy.

Green skirt: rummage sale, about fifty cents. Got to love rummage sales!

Purple sweater: Cold Water Creek, a few months before they went out of business. I think they're back now though? Anyway, the beads on the sweater kept falling off, so it's definitely not the best quality. But it's purple and works with everything, so I wear it a lot.

Outfit 3/3: Christmas day

Prepare to be amazed, because it is just spectacular. So effortless, so soft....



Drum roll, please!



**Drums**




Ta-da! ;) I had been asking for a UoM sweatshirt for a while now. My brother goes there, and I hope I will too.

I've also got on same green shirt that I wore when I went to the midnight mass. The pants are from a resale shop--maybe four dollars? Since we don't have any family nearby anymore, it was just us on Christmas, and I totally went for clothes I love over clothes that look fancy.

4 comments:

  1. You own an eShakti dress?! You are so lucky! ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's so comfortable! eShakti is awesome.

      Delete
  2. That's so cool that you got a kindle fire! Your dress is beautiful, and I was especially impressed with the third outfit. (-; lol,
    Merry Christmas!s

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, thanks. ;) I've been wearing that sweatshirt every day now, and probably will until it turn to rags.
      Merry Christmas to you too!

      Delete