Monday, December 29, 2014

For Real

For RealFor Real by Alison Cherry
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

For some reason, I suspect the next season of the Amazing Race will have a romantic twist to it.

Thank you, Netgalley and Random House Children's, for this free book to review!

I have a lot to say about the characters, especially Will Divine. I kid you not, that is his legit name. As Claire points out, his driver's licence must say "Divine, Will", which is one of my favorite parts of the book! His twist at the end felt too rushed though, although in hindsight, I suppose there were some hints.

I don't really know what to say about Claire. Her introversion was relatable at some points (especially the dancing--ooooooh my gosh, I love the idea of it, and doing it by the myself, but in a crowd? of people? Yikes). Something about her bugged me though, but I can't quite pinpoint what. She was naive enough to believe someone's lie, but then again, so was I.
DisneyGifs.com - Disney Gifs
Maybe that's it: I can't point a stick at her for stupidity without it turning around toward myself. ;) I was also concerned by how determined Claire was to look sexy for Will. I mean, she's trying to prove to her sister and the world how mature, capable, and independent she is, and then she gets angry when he jokes with other girls instead of with her. Then again, I'm sure I've done that too. :P Sorry, guys.

The other racers, besides Miranda and her ex, pretty much blended together.

Writing a novel about a romantic Amazing Race sure was a brilliant idea though. This book has actually answered some of my questions about how race shows work. Pretty cool, right? I would absolutely recommend this book to TV lovers.

View all my reviews

Grading:
Language: B?
Adult Content: B? Even though the producers of the show Claire is on wanted her to go pretty far, she never did.

No comments:

Post a Comment