Saturday, December 6, 2014

Cait's Blog Change + Tag!

Guess what? Cait from notebooksisters.com has moved to paperfury.com! Check it out, because it looks SO COOL. And she's having a tag to generate news about her move, and I totally joined, because I am her minion.

1. Why did you start blogging?
A lot of my sister's friends got blogs at around the same time, and so I wanted one too. None of them update theirs very often, but I've fallen in love with blogging.

2. What’s the story behind your blog’s name?
I tried a bunch of different names at first, but blogger said they had already been taken. Then I wanted to include stars in the title because I think stars are just the prettiest things ever. Somehow I ended up with Running Through the Stars, which I absolutely love.

3. How many designs have you been through since you started blogging? (Pictures! We demand pictures!)
Sorry! I don't have pictures, but I used to have one that was like Elizabeth's @ Incidents of a Literary Nature, actually. Later I changed it to the starry one now.

4. Have you ever switched blog platforms? What made you move? If you haven’t ever changed…why?
I've never changed from blogger to anything else because my computer skills are so sad it's comical. I've figured out how to use blogger though, so I'm going to stick with it until I see a really good reason why I should move.

5. How long does it take you to write a post? What’s your postly process like?
I don't usually time myself, but I did this time! I always write a rough draft first, then go back after a quick break and do a few edits, and maybe add some GIFs. And it took me...four days. But only 40 minutes.

Yep.

6. Have you ever been super nervous about a post? Why?! What was it?
I don't usually care what people think, but I was eager to see their responses to my Intro to Modern Decency. I think some Christians go waaaaay too far in their pursuit of modesty. I mean, at some point, guys just have to man up and take responsibility for their own lust problems. The way I dress can't fix them.
peter-pan-10.1
7. Do you have a blogging schedule?
Nope. I try to blog weekly, because I like having fresh content for my readers. Whenever I read a book that hasn't come out yet, I mark the date on google calendar and post the review on my blog then.

8. Do you tell people In-Real-Life about your blog? Their reactions?
My classmates don't talk about blogging that often, so I usually don't bring it up. Also, most of them aren't really readers, so I don't think they'd care very much.

9. Top ten blogs you read/comment on the most! Go! Go!
I actually don't comment very much! I'd like to, and I often write comments and then delete them before even entering them, for some reason. If a blog has over 20 comments, I usually don't add mine. I mean, they have plenty of comments! How could they care about mine? I realize if I were them, I'd totally care, but that hasn't quite gotten into my brain yet.

Top Ten Blogs I read:
  1. Go Teen Writers (Best. Website. Ever.)
  2. Paper Fury (Duh)
  3. Forever Changed (Sarah comments a lot, so I like to check out her blog as well)
  4. Celtic Cowgirl (Celtic Thunder fangirl! Check her out!)
  5. The Book Chewers (Cait also blogs here...I'd follow her anywhere, apparently)
And...that's just about it. I check out a ton of other blogs every once in a while, such as my sister's blog, Marchaelary, but she and her blogging friends don't post very often.

10. If you could change/improve things about your blog, what would they be?
Hm.... I'd say I'd like more of my followers to support the authors whose books I read. It was the greatest feeling ever when I got a couple of people to read Jill Williamson's books, and I just love helping authors.
image
Now go buy a book.
And there we have it! Please follow paperfury.com, because Cait is awesome and loves cakes. Enough said.

14 comments:

  1. ok. So whatya doin for xmas? i'm essentally doing noting.For new years I am hoping to dance with a cute girl who is my best friend. i made the mistake of telling some chick that I loved her. I knew she didnt love me and I had been waiting on her but my mind was somewhere else and I let it slip out of my thounge by mistake when she had just finished screaming at me for being overtalkitive. Things went downhill. I do love her but I never would have said that in my right mind. Oh yeah, we've had a horrid sub in World History. i've been doing HW for the last few hours while listening to 90s country HAGD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe you should take a step back from wanting a girlfriend. It can be hard, I know, but focusing on something else (or someone--God) might help. Because trust me, a girl is not going to automatically fix life's problems.

      Delete
    2. maybe...
      I'd take a strong at heart type of girl to like me. Someone who would think my good traits (such as being kind, funny, and a awesome writer, and more.), outweigh the bad in me ( irrational uncontrolable anger, not thinking about what I say and say mean stuff i did not mean, mania, and crazy psychopathic comments about any topic that includes violence.) I just feel lonely. I know I shan't, but I do. I have friends who care, but I still get lonely and depressed. but perhaps you are right. The last time i had a actually girlfriend who kissed me often was in middle school and once we broke up after three years I got so depressed I attempted to commit suicide!!! I just feel alone....

      Delete
    3. my romance i'm working on is about a boy and girl who lead a revolution agianst a future 1 world gov't an their advetures, as they strive to murder the dictator in Rome, burn the priests of the sun god alive, and then set the town on fire burning all inside.

      Delete
  2. AWWWW. JULIA YOU ARE TOO NICE AND YOU MAKE ME BLUSH. *flails with happiness since made your favourite blogs list* I AM JUST. GAH. TOO HONOURED RIGHT NOW. Oh...but your name is totally cool. I love the starry feel. ;-) And Go Teen Writers ROCKS. I don't even think I'd be the writer I am today without that epically useful and wonderful blog. :)))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know what I'd do without GTW.... They even had a critique group match up, and it is AWESOME.
      Keep blogging forever, Cait. :)

      Delete
    2. GTW is good place for me to find ideas for how to do my story.

      Delete
    3. why do you have a picture of your legs???

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. ISN"T HE AWESOME??? I just wish I knew which movie that GIF is from though!

      Delete
    2. I love Tom Hiddleston! It's kind of funny, the first time we (my parents and I) saw him in a movie was 'Return to Cranford' which is basically a movie about a bunch of elderly ladies who gossip about people (from like Pride and Prejudice times).

      And then we meet Loki...
      Lol

      Delete
  4. Ah, thank you, Julia! I love reading your blog too. Yes, thank you for helping me see the awesomeness in Mrs. Williamson's novels. I picked up By Darkness Hid again because of your review. By the way, have you read By Darkness Won yet? It was very good!!:)
    In Christ,
    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't read From Darkness Won yet! I think I've been putting it off because I don't want it to end. So glad you love them!

      Delete