1. Why did you start blogging?
A lot of my sister's friends got blogs at around the same time, and so I wanted one too. None of them update theirs very often, but I've fallen in love with blogging.
2. What’s the story behind your blog’s name?
I tried a bunch of different names at first, but blogger said they had already been taken. Then I wanted to include stars in the title because I think stars are just the prettiest things ever. Somehow I ended up with Running Through the Stars, which I absolutely love.
3. How many designs have you been through since you started blogging? (Pictures! We demand pictures!)
Sorry! I don't have pictures, but I used to have one that was like Elizabeth's @ Incidents of a Literary Nature, actually. Later I changed it to the starry one now.
4. Have you ever switched blog platforms? What made you move? If you haven’t ever changed…why?
I've never changed from blogger to anything else because my computer skills are so sad it's comical. I've figured out how to use blogger though, so I'm going to stick with it until I see a really good reason why I should move.
5. How long does it take you to write a post? What’s your postly process like?
I don't usually time myself, but I did this time! I always write a rough draft first, then go back after a quick break and do a few edits, and maybe add some GIFs. And it took me...four days. But only 40 minutes.
6. Have you ever been super nervous about a post? Why?! What was it?
I don't usually care what people think, but I was eager to see their responses to my Intro to Modern Decency. I think some Christians go waaaaay too far in their pursuit of modesty. I mean, at some point, guys just have to man up and take responsibility for their own lust problems. The way I dress can't fix them.
7. Do you have a blogging schedule?
Nope. I try to blog weekly, because I like having fresh content for my readers. Whenever I read a book that hasn't come out yet, I mark the date on google calendar and post the review on my blog then.
8. Do you tell people In-Real-Life about your blog? Their reactions?
My classmates don't talk about blogging that often, so I usually don't bring it up. Also, most of them aren't really readers, so I don't think they'd care very much.
9. Top ten blogs you read/comment on the most! Go! Go!
I actually don't comment very much! I'd like to, and I often write comments and then delete them before even entering them, for some reason. If a blog has over 20 comments, I usually don't add mine. I mean, they have plenty of comments! How could they care about mine? I realize if I were them, I'd totally care, but that hasn't quite gotten into my brain yet.
Top Ten Blogs I read:
- Go Teen Writers (Best. Website. Ever.)
- Paper Fury (Duh)
- Forever Changed (Sarah comments a lot, so I like to check out her blog as well)
- Celtic Cowgirl (Celtic Thunder fangirl! Check her out!)
- The Book Chewers (Cait also blogs here...I'd follow her anywhere, apparently)
10. If you could change/improve things about your blog, what would they be?
Hm.... I'd say I'd like more of my followers to support the authors whose books I read. It was the greatest feeling ever when I got a couple of people to read Jill Williamson's books, and I just love helping authors.
|Now go buy a book.|