Monday, November 3, 2014

In Which I Am Put Through Many Trials

The Scorch Trials (Maze Runner, #2)The Scorch Trials by James Dashner
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

I NEED ANSWERS.
Solving the Maze was supposed to be the end. 

Thomas was sure that escape from the Maze would mean freedom for him and the Gladers. But WICKED isn’t done yet. Phase Two has just begun. The Scorch. 

There are no rules. There is no help. You either make it or you die.

The Gladers have two weeks to cross through the Scorch—the most burned-out section of the world. And WICKED has made sure to adjust the variables and stack the odds against them. 

Friendships will be tested. Loyalties will be broken. All bets are off. 

There are others now. Their survival depends on the Gladers’ destruction—and they’re determined to survive.
Seriously. I'm not sure how much longer I can stand it. I'm nearly (but not quite, the poor guy) as bothered as Thomas is about all this.

I really hope The Death Cure will be just as action packed as this one though. The middle of each chapter would slow down, but then there'd be something horrifying in the last sentence, and I would need to keep reading. LOVE IT.

What was up with the memories, though? Honestly. He'd have a random dream every so often, and while interesting, they did not give any real answers. Also, why were they dream memories instead of just memories? Has anyone in real life ever dreamt about the past in such realistic fashion? That's kind of weird.

Teresa...oh Teresa. On one hand, I understand what she did, why she did it, and why she's frustrated with Thomas. But on the other hand, POOR THOMAS. I can't say anything because spoilers, but it sure does bug me that I can't figure out who was in the wrong, if anyone. It's all just a mess.
the maze runner animated GIF
Of course I'll read the next book though. As much as withholding information bothers me, it sure is working!

Grading:
Language: B
Adult Content: A
Violence: C

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment