The Fire Artist by Daisy Whitney
My rating: 4 of 5 stars
Thank you, NetGalley and Bloomsbury USA Children's books, for this free book to review!
What I liked:
1. The plot. Lean and mean, baby.
2. Aria. Also lean, mean, and quite a fighting machine. Her life sucked and she was pretty bitter, and yet she was still a likable heroine. She felt a lot of feels, which made me feel them too.
3. The idea. I really like fire, okay? I have a whole pinterest board devoted to it. Fire Artist is like Frozen gone berserk.
What was meh:
1. Aria was set on fire repeatedly as a child. How is she not dead?
2. It sure is convenient that the granter rules make exceptions for true love.
3. Taj is perfect, too perfect. At least he was (forced to be, as a granter) polite.
Would I read other books by Daisy Whitney? Absolutely! I fell in love with the writing and I want MOOOOOOOOOORE.
And look at this cool GIF:
ANYWAY, on to the grading.
Adult Content: A
Violence: B. Spoiler: Someone gets eaten by a crcodile!
View all my reviews