Thursday, October 2, 2014

Book Gif Tag

I wasn't actually tagged for this, but Briana @ Reader, Writer, Critic said anyone who wanted to could do it. So here I am. ;) All you have to do is give a gif reaction to the books on the list Briana made. I haven't read a lot of them, so the ones on my to-read list will be in pink. Without further ado, let's go!

The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer

The blurb is pretty vague and doesn't seem like something I'm in to.

Allegient
Apparently there's cake. Good enough.
This seems to be a love-it or hate-it kind of book. While I haven't read it, I have read spoilers (yup) so I know what happened. I feel like if I read the books, I wouldn't be a huge fan of the last one...but who knows?

To Kill a Mockingbird
This is Scout.
I wasn't too fond of this one. Lower your pitchforks though! I have a reason! There's no plot. It's about day-to-day life. While some people love that, I am not one of them.

Fangirl

I've read part of this, but it seemed more for "mature teens" (which I totally am, by the way. Just not in that sense) so I returned it to the library.

Splintered

Cait @ The Notebook Sisters LOVES this book. I haven't tried it yet, but it's on my to-read list. I'll get to it someday, I promise!

The Raven Boys

SO MANY people love this book! I need to get my hands on a copy.

These Broken Stars
WAIT LET ME FINISH
I read the beginning, but it didn't keep me going, so I returned it to the library. :P I love the cover and title though, and I'm going to try it again sometime.

Daughter of Smoke and Bone

I ordered the audio book from the library recently, so now I'm waiting for it to come in. I'll get to it soon though!

The Book Thief

I've been meaning to read this! I just...haven't yet. Sounds a like a tear-jerker though, so I totally should.

Hush, Hush

In the blurb, it says "Patch seems to be everywhere she is and seems to know more about her than her closest friends. She can't decide whether she should fall into his arms or run and hide." If being around a certain person is questionable, then chances are you shouldn't do it.

Wow...I've only read one and a half books on the list. That's sad. I must remedy that as soon as possible.

I nominate whoever wants to do this! Here are the books:

1. We Were Liars by E. Lockhart
2. Don't Touch, by Rachel M. Wilson
3. Gilded, by Christina L. Farley
4. By Darkness Hid, by Jill Williamson
5. The Revised Life of Ellie Sweet, by Stephanie Morrill
6. Purple Moon, by Tessa Emily Hall

There ya go! Feel free to leave me a comment with more books and what you thought of them.

11 comments:

  1. Oh julie! The cursed school wants me to be taken out of normal classes and put in classes where I will not learn anything accadimically. They don't want me to be tested for Autism which is what I want to happen cause if i'm tested for Autism only then will the school let me get the help needed. They overall are trying to do anything to do to keep me having the needed help. I can't get a degree in education when I don't even take basic acedemic classes,

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll be praying for you, Evan! I sincerely hope you'll find the right classes/school to make things easier for you.

      Delete
  2. Hey Julie! How you doing? If you don't know Sarah's birthday is soon. Yes I know this is late. I was wondering if you wanted to sign sara's birthday card/post. I'm going to post about Sarah and at the end you could sign your name and give a little note. Please tell me if you want to. Then I'll add you as an author! Totally fine if you can't. Bye!
    -Ellie
    www.uniquelyyou1.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry I'm replying so late! If there's still time, tell her I say happy birthday and her blog is truly an inspiration to me.

      Delete
  3. Thanks for joining! I loved reading it! I agree with you on some, (These Broken Stars, and Hush, Hush, aren't favorites of mine.) and I get what you mean about TKAM but I still loved it. That kind of surprised me, typically I don't like something so everyday. You REALLY need to read The Book Thief. It will change you man.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! I'll order it from the library soon. Daughter of Smoke and Bone, as well as A Walk to Remember, are waiting for me as I type! I need to pick them up ASAP, even though I'm currently reading three other books....

      Delete
  4. You didn't like To Kill A Mockingbird? That's the best piece of American literature there is, and I mean it when I say that. It's one of my favorite books. Seriously though, its plot seems mild but contains a super powerful message. I don't think it's fair to say it has no plot simply because the plot was not suited to your taste. Also, beware reading the Book Thief. It WILL change you, but it can also hurt you. It's very depressing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Best American Literature title is pretty subjective though. TKAM just isn't my favorite, and I'm okay with that. Personally, my favorite American literature (written before the 21st century) is Gone with the Wind.

      Delete
    2. I would disagree that it's subjective. I don't mind that the book was not to your tastes-- it can't be to everybody's!-- but I do think it goes a bit far to say it has no plot. Also, I'm serious about the Book Thief! Only read it if you are entirely okay with being disturbed!

      Delete
  5. It looks like an arm is coming out of Sherlock's back and it's really bothering me...

    ReplyDelete