Tuesday, September 9, 2014

Top Ten Underrated Authors

The Broke and the Bookish are hosting a link-up! The subject? Top ten most underrated authors! They're supposed to be in a certain genre, but...I do my own thing. ;)

1. Stephanie Morrill
Stephanie Morrill
I've only read her Ellie Sweet series, but I love then to pieces. They're my favorite books to re-read.

2. Esther Ehrlich
Esther EhrlichNest
Her debut novel, Nest, came out today! I'll post my review tomorrow.

3. Suri Rosen
 Playing With Matches
On Friday, I'm going to be the last stop in Playing with Matches' blog tour! I'll include my review, a giveaway, and a hilarious interview. Check out her blog to see the other participants.

4. Jill Williamson
Jill Williamson
You knew she'd be on here, didn't you? ;) Author of By Darkness Hid and Other Awesome Books, she is...well, awesome.

5. Jude Warson, sort of
Jude WatsonLoot
Jude Watson is Judy Blundell's pen name. She (or he) wrote Loot, which I thoroughly enjoyed.

6. Michaela MacColl (and Rosemary Nichols, of whom I can find no information)
Michaela MacColl Rory's Promise
These two lovely ladies wrote Rory's Promise, which is probably my favorite historical fiction ever. It's also very creepy.

7. Mary Amato, who looks like Lucy from The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe
Mary AmatoGet Happy
Get Happy made me happy, despite the open ending. Hayes is the ultimate book boyfriend.

8. Karen Rivers
Karen RiversFinding Ruby Starling
How could a mother keep one twin but abandon the other?! Seriously tragic, although Finding Ruby Starling was also hilarious.

9. Angie Kelly
Labyrinth Society: The Versailles Vendetta
After reading The Versailles Vendetta, I googled the author to see if she had written anything else. She hasn't yet. :P I want a sequel!

10. Christina Farley
Christina L. FarleyGilded (Gilded, #1)Silvern (Gilded #2)
Aren't those covers gorgeous?!

Story time! I got approved for Silvern from NetGalley, thinking I could order Gilded from the library. They wouldn't let me though! No, I don't have a ton of fines. So I emailed Christina, asking for a review copy. Christina, the dear woman, gave me one. I love her so much (and Gilded, which I just finished. The review is coming up.).

No comments:

Post a Comment