Sunday, August 10, 2014

Sunday Swoons: Characters and Pie

Skylar Finn and Bianna are hosting a Sunday Swoons link-up! The theme this week is if couples were food. I'm using pie.
supernatural animated GIF
1. ABC pie: Apples, blueberries, and cherries. Guess what? This pie is the love triangle. Very much Suddenly You most YA romances, actually.
Suddenly You (The Jane Austen Academy Series, #4)

2. Apple pie with cheese on the side. This pie is for the people who should never be together but are anyway. They might be able to work out their differences, but it'll be tough. THIS IS VERY MUCH TO DARKNESS FLED, which I just finished. I love Achan, I love Vrell, but their romance felt rushed. Their banter is awesome, though. I totally ship them.
To Darkness Fled (Blood of Kings, #2)

3. Meat pie (that's a  thing, right?). They're together and it has the potential to be good but it's so weird for them. This reminds me of Replication, because Jason is a clone. A very cute clone.
Replication: The Jason Experiment

3. Apple pie (again) with ice cream. A favorite. "They are meant to be!" But what happens if the apple stops getting along with the ice cream?
I'm Not Your Other Half: A Cooney Classic Romance

4. Dark chocolate pie. Not for everyone, and it might leave a bad aftertaste. As long as you're eating it though, it can be worth it. Two (okay, three) words: Ellie and Chase. Together, they're awesome. But for how long?
The Unlikely Debut of Ellie Sweet (Ellie Sweet, #2)

And there you have it! Be sure to join the link-up yourselves. I'd love to see more food comparisons.

6 comments:

  1. This post is great! And awards to you for being the first person (besides us) TO DO THE LINK-UP. YOU ARE MADE OF AWESOME. You're my best friend now. ;) I love all your pie comparisons but my favorite is the meat pie one. :D I never even thought of that kind of couple when I was writing my post.

    Thanks for linking up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I wanted to do the last Swoon Sunday too, but I saw it on a Friday, and felt weird doing it then. ;) I'm looking forward to next week though!

      Delete
  2. I tagged you for an award!
    http://www.foreverchanged13.blogspot.com/2014/08/beautiful-blog-award.html
    In Christ,
    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Sarah! I can't wait to do this. :)

      Delete
  3. I love your post! Bonus points for being the first to link uo and for picking pie! I liked your meat pie comparison and the apple pie with cheese ones the best! Thanks so much for linking up and I hope you continue to join us!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Meat pie is one of my favorites too. xD Is it even a real thing though? And I'm super excited for next week's Swoon Sunday! Keep up the good work. :)

      Delete