Monday, August 25, 2014

Beautiful People Link-Up!

Cait and Sky are yet again hosting a Beautiful People link-up! This time I'm interrogating Josie Eyre, of which I shall give out no other information. She is definitely one of my better ideas though.
1) What does your character regret the most in their life?
Leaving Ethan. She found out something bad about his past and ran away from her foster home in a fit of anger. He can't change the past though.

2) What is your character's happiest memory? Most sorrowful memory?
Happiest: Well, the ending of the novel, of course. ;)

Sorrowful:
Living with her aunt and cousins. They were jerks. One time Jack (a cousin) locked her in the tool shed and everyone forgot about her until the next day.

3) What majorly gets on your character’s nerves?
When people don't live up to her moral code. **CoughEthanCough**

4) Do they act differently when they're around people as opposed to being alone? If so, how?
Because of her aunt's abuse, Josie is pretty wary about people.
frozen animated GIF
5) What are their beliefs and superstitions? (Examples: their religion or lack of one, conspiracy theories, throwing salt, fear of black cats.)
Oh. I haven't really thought about that, but Josie at least has a very high moral code.

6) What are their catchphrases, or things they say frequently?
frozen animated GIF
I'll think of this later.
7) Would they be more prone to facing fears or running from them?
As seen in the Ethan scenario, she prefers to run.

8) Do they have a good self image?
Moderate or low.
frozen animated GIF
9) Do they turn to people when they're upset, or do they isolate themselves?
Josie is the queen of isolation.

10) If they were standing next to you would it make you laugh or cry?
Probably neither because I'm a Vulcan, but I'd be more inclined to cry than laugh. Eventually, however, I'll send her happiness. ;)

When I Stay (a tentative title), page 17. Aria is Ethan's little sister.

Ethan wiggles his eyebrows at us through the rearview mirror. "Guess what happened to me last night, Aria."
"What?" Aria holds her breath. She probably relieved that Ethan's forgiven her for trespassing on us.
"A fairy visited me while I was reading in the living room."
Her huge brown eyes widen to an alarming size. Even so, they're beautiful. Ethan has those eyes too. "What did she say?"
"She said she loved me. Isn't she better than turtle Hera? That turtle didn't like you very much. This fairy sure does though."
I can see my red face through the rearview mirror. I said a lot of things to him after I agreed to go to that dance. "Ethan!" I slap the back of his chair. "Haven't you ever heard that fairies don't like it when you talk about them?"
Aria turns those gorgeous eyes on me. "They don't? Then stop talking, Ethan!”
We laugh and Ethan rolls down all of the windows. The sky is just beginning to turn pink. Purple clouds cover the trees on the Kentucky mountains to the right.
We're quiet for a while, sucking in the night. For some reason, this joy is painful. It's screaming inside me, yearning to break free, to tell all the world that Ethan loves me and I have a home. I have an uncle. Maybe he can come visit me, and I can stay with Ethan.
           For now, however, I don't care what happens. The universe is balanced. Everything is safe and warm and the pain inside me is the pleasant kind that tells me I am truly, truly in love.

2 comments:

  1. Is there a release date for ze first draft of this upcoming fantastical novel? :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. For you, that day is today. ;) I'll send it with more info.

      Delete