Sunday, July 6, 2014

Jasmine and Maddie

Jasmine and MaddieJasmine and Maddie by Christine Pakkala
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

This is a tough review to write. On one hand, I really enjoyed it. On the other hand, there were many flaws. I wish GoodReads had half stars available, because I'd rate Jasmine and Maddie as a 2.5.

Thank you, NetGalley and Boyds Mill Press, for this free book to review!

Things I liked:

1. The girls were in eighth grade. Not nearly enough books feature thirteen year olds.

2. The poetry was beautiful.
15 Earth-Shattering Hufflepuff Problems

Things I disliked:

1. Everyone felt so...shallow. They all (especially Ian and Maddie) had so much potential though.
18 Seriously Annoying Gryffindor Problems
2. It's really difficult for an adult to write thirteen year olds. Christine Pakkala did a decent job, but left something to be desired.

3. Jasmine's and Maddie's voices sounded the same.

Would I read other books by this author? Maybe. If I'm looking for a light reading, this would hit the spot.

View all my reviews

4 comments:

  1. Can you help me get my net galley account working. If you wanna help i will send you my password and site username

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know.... I'd be uncomfortable having your password. It's super easy to sign up though. Just click the "Join for free" button on the top left of the screen, fill in the information, and you're in!

      Delete
    2. I joined but it is prohibited to imstall untill i subscribe to to the site with Amazon Kindle address and i missed multiple steps and it took me 45 minutes just to make try 1 and failed. So how do i sign up netgally amazon supscriptions.

      Delete
    3. I don't really understand the problem. Maybe your parents can help?

      Delete