Tuesday, July 8, 2014

Bookish Confessions Link-Up

Over at The Broke and the Bookish, they're having a link-up about our top ten bookish and blogging confessions!



 Here's mine:

1. I rarely comment on other people's posts. I know commenting is a great way to boost your followers and some people have super interesting posts, but I can never bring myself to comment. I usually just sit there and admire their work.

2. I love to bash books. I feel really bad about this one. Writing negative reviews is SO MUCH EASIER than writing glowing ones. I try to rein myself in though, and I hope it's working. What author wants to see a review that only lists the bad things with no consideration of all the author's hard work?

3. I own seriously few print books. My kindle is stuffed, but my shelves? Not so much. Print books are just so much more expensive and I don't have a job. I love holding them though.

4. I never buy used books because I want to support the author. Even though used books are a ton cheaper, I only buy new. Apparently authors earn more from kindle books than they do for print ones though, so I guess my third confession is a good thing.

5. I say "The plot was fast and exciting" way too often. I need to think of other ways to phrase that.

6. I have no blogging schedule at all, as you might have noticed. I just post whenever I want to. My only sort-of schedule is how I don't post reviews on my blog or Amazon until closer to the release date. I've got a bunch of posts just waiting to be published (a lot of books are coming out in October. Just a heads up).

7. I don't review print ARCs. I want them so badly, but NetGalley is only digital. Ugh. I need to find a program that gives out print ones.

8. I absolutely adore books that makes me cry. If anyone has a suggestion, please comment! I've already read The Fault in Our Stars.

9. I don't ship characters very often. If an author puts two together, then that's how it is. No Perco or Hazic (??? I mean Hazel and Issac from TFIOS) for me, thank you very much.

10. I never use bookmarks. I just search the book for where I left off. Sometimes I even memorize the page number.

And here's an extra, just because:

11. I never remember the main character's name. Even if it's in the title! I always have to go through the book again as I'm reviewing it and hope the name is mentioned somewhere.

So there we have it! Link-up to the original post and pour out your bookish soul.

9 comments:

  1. I rarely buy used books. One because I want to support the author and two, I love pristine condition books!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. New books are so pretty, aren't they? :)

      Delete
  2. If you don't have job how do you get $ for books?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Allowance. I don't get much, but at least it's something.

      Delete
  3. There are many books especally kindle books i wanna buy but con't have the $ to get

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm terrible at remembering names too! It drives me bonkers, but I'll sit and stare at a cover for ages and ages just willing myself to remember all the characters names. >_<
    My TTT!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! By the way, I love your #9. I judge books by the cover too. How else are we supposed to decide what books to look at?! There's so many to get through!

      Delete
  5. +JMJ+

    Flowers for Algernon made me cry. Have you read it? =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't! I'll look into it though. Thanks!

      Delete