Over at The Broke and the Bookish, they're having a link-up about our top ten bookish and blogging confessions!
1. I rarely comment on other people's posts. I know commenting is a great way to boost your followers and some people have super interesting posts, but I can never bring myself to comment. I usually just sit there and admire their work.
2. I love to bash books. I feel really bad about this one. Writing negative reviews is SO MUCH EASIER than writing glowing ones. I try to rein myself in though, and I hope it's working. What author wants to see a review that only lists the bad things with no consideration of all the author's hard work?
3. I own seriously few print books. My kindle is stuffed, but my shelves? Not so much. Print books are just so much more expensive and I don't have a job. I love holding them though.
4. I never buy used books because I want to support the author. Even though used books are a ton cheaper, I only buy new. Apparently authors earn more from kindle books than they do for print ones though, so I guess my third confession is a good thing.
5. I say "The plot was fast and exciting" way too often. I need to think of other ways to phrase that.
6. I have no blogging schedule at all, as you might have noticed. I just post whenever I want to. My only sort-of schedule is how I don't post reviews on my blog or Amazon until closer to the release date. I've got a bunch of posts just waiting to be published (a lot of books are coming out in October. Just a heads up).
7. I don't review print ARCs. I want them so badly, but NetGalley is only digital. Ugh. I need to find a program that gives out print ones.
8. I absolutely adore books that makes me cry. If anyone has a suggestion, please comment! I've already read The Fault in Our Stars.
9. I don't ship characters very often. If an author puts two together, then that's how it is. No Perco or Hazic (??? I mean Hazel and Issac from TFIOS) for me, thank you very much.
10. I never use bookmarks. I just search the book for where I left off. Sometimes I even memorize the page number.
And here's an extra, just because:
11. I never remember the main character's name. Even if it's in the title! I always have to go through the book again as I'm reviewing it and hope the name is mentioned somewhere.
So there we have it! Link-up to the original post and pour out your bookish soul.