Wednesday, July 16, 2014

Beautiful People Link-Up #2

Woo! Cait and Sky are hosting a Beautiful People link-up again! Let's give them a round of applause, shall we?
22 Signs You Are A Harry Potter Super-Fan
This time I'm interviewing Ares, Gianna's boyfriend.

1) What’s their favourite food? (Bonus: favourite flavour of chocolate!)
Pizza! He takes Gianna to a pizzeria on their first date. For the bonus, he's more of a dark chocolate kind of person.

2) What do they absolutely hate?
When people (namely Gianna) don't do as he told them--or when they promised to do something, but then don't.

3) What do they enjoy learning about?
Ways to be manipulative, I guess.
A Guide to Manipulation---I'm pinning these on this board partly because I feel like it would look really bad if I put them on my life story board
From here.
4) Who is the most influential person in their life?
Himself. I might work in a way to have it be his dad though.

5) What is their childhood fear?
Being rejected.

6) What is something they have always secretly dreamed of doing, but thought impossible?
Finding a person to trust.
What It’s Like To Be In College, As Told By Our Favorite Disney Characters | Her Campus
This is basically Gianna, though. She sticks with him even when she should probably leave.
7) What is something he is impractically afraid of?
He's afraid that if he doesn't say what he wants, then nobody would anticipate his needs. And clearly I need to work on Ares more, because this link-up has been pretty hard.

8) Are they a night owl or morning person?
He can sleep anytime, but he's more on the side of a night owl.

9) Do they say everything that pops into their head, or leave a lot unsaid?
He totally says whatever he wants.

10) What are their nervous habits?
Yelling and being uncooperative.
Ares
Ares=not dream boyfriend material.
A Kingdom of Isolation, chapter two, page 4.
“I wonder if your parents knew [That Gianna's name means "God's Grace"].” He rolls his eyes when he says parents, which isn’t entirely fair. He’s never met them.
“Ares, I’ll break up for you if you keep teasing me like that,” I say, trying to keep my voice light. The fact that Gianna means God's grace shouldn’t bother me so much. I just really don’t want people finding out about it at school. Or at ballet. His little sister is in the class below me.
His face flushes. “I’m the one with the car, you know. I could leave you here, stranded.”
A mom at a nearby table glances at us, and then turns back to her kids. Lucky ducks. They’re chattering with each other as if the world caters to their every need. One of them is about Felix’s age, if he had lived--
Ares stands up, jolting me out of my thoughts. He leaves his pizza uneaten and storms out. I run after him into the parking lot, my throat tightening. Why does he always take things so seriously? Grant it, now we don’t have to see each other anymore.
I try to say something comforting, reassuring, loving, but the first thing that comes to mind is, “You forgot to pay for the pizza.”

Ares stares at me as if I’m an idiot. “Go pay yourself.”

Definitely not dream boyfriend material. To sum him up in one GIF:
College Finals As Told By Harry Potter GIFs

8 comments:

  1. Ohhh, I'm looking at that link to the manipulative tumblr. FOR RESEARCH OF COURSE. That's really interesting. Hehe. Sounds like you've got your hands full with Ares! ;)
    Thanks for linking up with us!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bwhahaha. Yes, me too. Purely for researching purposes.

      Delete
    2. Isn't it cool? I'll have to bookmark it. ;)

      Delete
  2. Ohhh, I love him. Any coincidence his name is Ares, though? lol But seriously, I like him a lot. Maybe because he reminds me frighteningly of myself...

    What's your book about? Is he the main character, or Gianna, or someone else?

    the writeress @ barefoot in the snow

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He's the boyfriend of the main character, Gianna. The novella is about her conversion to Christ.
      Yes, I named Ares after the war god on purpose. It seemed to fit him. ;)
      Thanks for commenting!

      Delete
    2. Oh, that sounds awesome!

      Haha, of course ;)

      Delete
  3. Stopping by from the linkup. :)

    Ares is an interesting character. He definitely seems like a complex guy to write, but I liked reading about him. The snippet was really intriguing too!

    ReplyDelete