Monday, July 28, 2014

Adapting

A  few days ago, a fourteen year old girl was attacked. Not anywhere near me (I think) but my mom is still worried. Thus, I can't walk to the library by myself anymore, and I don't want to make my brother drive me there every day.

My writing life needs to adapt to the situation.

When I first started writing, I struggled to fill the blank pages. I needed so many, but I wrote so few. One day I saw my friend jotting down ideas in a notebook during play practice (My school has a no electronics rule). She said she was going to type everything up into her google doc when she got home.

I thought that was just the most brilliant idea ever, so I started doing it. Suddenly I could write so much more (Thank you, Maria!). Thus, my notebook addiction started.
Moleskine Limited Edition Hobbit Large Plain Notebook
Pretty....
This year, however, my struggles started again. The notebook stopped helping. I started writing directly into the google doc, and I was fine. Everything kept going good for months, until a few weeks ago when I discovered the way I wrote was failing again.

I couldn't write in a a notebook or directly into the document!

I was at a big "Uh oh" point. I didn't write much for a while until I remembered a link I saw on Pinterest for something called Written? Kitten!

Written? Kitten!




Fresh  every  words Current word count: 0

Sorry the images are butchered. :P

Anyway, I started going to the library every day to write on writtenkitten.net. I could do it at home, but I'm one of seven. That's a lot of noise in one house. I need to adapt though. My writing life can't suffer because someone died. I'll just write at home.

At least until I buy a can of mace.

19 comments:

  1. How exactly does Written? Kitten! work? I typed in the box until I had over 100 words, but nothing happened...

    the writeress @ barefoot in the snow

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. For some reason, you need to type two hundred words, even if the setting is at one hundred. :P

      Delete
    2. Ah, I thought maybe I was doing something wrong. This is very cool. Thanks for sharing!

      Delete
    3. Oh, and I do hope you get around your writing issues. I'm the oldest of five, so I get your dilemma. Ironically, my most distracting sister is named Emma. I just now realized this...

      I wish the library was within walking distance (the closest library is around 10 or 15 miles away). But that's probably for the better... I usually end up adding books to my already to-tall stack.

      Delete
    4. thats rather far away! I live less than a block from the local Library

      Delete
    5. @Jessyjones: Cool profile pic!

      Delete
    6. Yup, we live sort of in the country, so everything is at least that far away. Except for the gas station, which we never go to because it's a more expensive one. Ha. At least we can buy milk if we run out.

      Thanks! I'll be posting a FanFic in the next few days, if you're interested. (I haven't actually started it yet, but it's for a contest which ends 31 July, so...)

      Delete
    7. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    8. Cool! What's the fanfic about, Jessy?

      Delete
    9. It happens right at the end of the last episode of season three of Once Upon a Time. Something about the dagger and such.

      Delete
  2. Hi Julie! I don't suppose your library is like a minute away from your house ? I have this feeling your local library is not a minute away from your house. I live like less than a block from the local library which is quite convenient.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jullie, I can udersstand your writing probs. My advice is when writing at home listen to music in earbuds. I like to listen to rock music while writing. I have to deal with my sister who when playing sounds like a stampede of Rinos and hits and bites when she does not get her way. I also have to stand my brother and his violin that sounds like a creaking door. my other sister is not annoying however.anyway hagd ttyl

    ReplyDelete
  4. Like I like to write my room is littered ( especially my desk ) with notebooks and composition books and notepads and papers filled with writings. Google Docs is also filled to the rim with writing docs I call novels. I have so many ideas that never go anywhere. Some of my stories I have not continued written them in mounths others I am sttill working on

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Julie! If you want to join me and 20 somethinv other people on a online webcam chat on mylol.com tonight you're welcome to join. The craziest thing about the webcam is no one on it knows eachother in real life

    ReplyDelete
  6. Almost forgot! Its less than one mounth till Jill Williamson releases the final book in her Safe Lands series. If you join Jill's book club the book is able to be pre ordered for half price

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Jullia. I just hate myself. I hate my life. Why am i never accepted as i am. Why am i so hated. Why was i born. My Family would be better off without me. If i was dead they would not have to deal with all my problems and they would perhaps finaly be happy. I feel like i am never enough. I look into the mirror and can't stand myself. I feel like none would miss me if i killed myself. I have always been lonely. I don't know how much more i can take.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :( I'm sorry I couldn't be at the webcam chat tonight. I don't think my computer supports that.

      I can promise you this though: Your life gets better. It will. Keep visiting your doctor, keep listening to music, keep doing whatever it takes to get you through. And one day, it'll all be worth it,

      Delete