Thursday, June 26, 2014

Project Gemini (Go Christophe!)

Project Gemini (The Mission League, #2)Project Gemini by Jill Williamson
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Yaaaaay. It feels so good to be back with a Jill Williamson book. I had to take a long hiatus from her while I tried to scavenge some money.
After an exhausting school year, Spencer is thrilled to discover that the summer training mission will take him and his fellow agents-in-training to Okinawa, a tropical paradise. But there’s little time for R & R as Spencer must attend school, volunteer at a local martial arts training facility, and track and report a mysterious girl named Keiko. Spencer thinks he knows exactly what to do, but the more he discovers about Keiko, the more questions he has. All he really wants to do is protect Keiko from her ex-boyfriend and stay out of trouble, but where Spencer Garmond is concerned, trouble is never far away.
Let's have some lists, shall we?

Things I liked:

1. The dialogue. Jill Williamson is THE MASTER. Spencer's internal monologue is entertaining and hilarious.

2. The setting. While the descriptions were sometimes lengthy, I really liked seeing Japan through Spencer's eyes.

3. Christophe's sacrifice. I nearly started crying then, and I might just start crying now. Self sacrificing characters are the best.
College Finals As Told By Harry Potter GIFs
Things I disliked:

1. Where is Nick? He doesn't end up going to Okinawa, but it's never explained why.
28 Reasons Fred And George Are The Best Characters In The Harry Potter Series
2. Spencer is quite dumb. I hate to put it so bluntly because I love him anyway, but sheesh. I know main characters should be flawed, but Spencer's an idiot.

3. The ending was a bit too preachy. Mr. S...gosh. I had a LOT of second hand embarrassment there. If I hadn't still been frozen in admiration of Christophe, I probably would have been a lot more bothered.

Would I buy more books by Jill Williamson? You'd better believe it. A few downsides doesn't ruin a book. I am a devoted fan :)

Go Jill Williamson, author of The Mission League, Replication, The Blood of Kings Trilogy, and more!
Look what I made!!!

View all my reviews

5 comments:

  1. is this a new book? I've heard of Jill Williamson but never read any of her books. Are her books like connected as in them all being part of a giant series? I am currantly reading Prince Otto by Robert Louis Stevenson but I dig thruogh books realy fast ! What is the best Jill Williamson book?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My favorite is either The New Recruit or By Darkness Hid. They're from different series, which you can read more about on Jill Williamson's blog: http://www.jillwilliamson.com/books/. She's so awesome I've got another review on the way, this time for Replication ;)

      Delete
    2. Goin to baseball game with other church members including this cute girl i like even though she is not even very pretty

      Delete
    3. Does it matter if she's pretty?

      Delete