Monday, June 2, 2014

I've Been Tagged!

Thank you, Sarah, for nominating me!



Rules:
  1. Follow the blog that tagged you (optional).
  2. Include two or more pictures that include your favorite characters, books, movies, or lyrics from songs (they can also be your own edits or pictures).
  3. Tag five or more bloggers and tell them.
  4. Answer the blogger's ten questions related to characters, books, movies, or lyrics.
  5. Create your own questions having to do with the same thing.
Here we go! My answers are mostly from Disney, but there's sprinklings of other things.

1. Which fictional character relates/speaks to you the most? Elsa. She's so...me. We both want to be alone without being lonely.

2. What lyric from a song describes you the most? "Let it go, let it go, that perfect girl is gone!" In the first semester last year, I felt a lot of pressure to do everything right. Then I heard "Let It Go", and it changed my perspective on things. Cheesy, but true.

3. Whose character change is your favorite (like how Elsa found her strength and became the girl she is)? I don't really notice that sort of thing, but probably Lizzie from Fall for You. In that book, she's always stressing out about something, but later in the series she seems to relax and loves people more.
Frozen wow
4. Has any kind of book or story made you realize something or changed your opinion about something? Um...again, this is something I don't really notice. Except for, you know, the Bible, I can't recall anything like that, except for maybe The Fault in Our Stars with all its poetic quotes about death and infinities.

5. Which character death made you the most sad? Oh gosh. This is a tough one. But probably The Tragic Death in Harry Potter and the Order of the Pheonix (I don't want to spoil anything so he can remain unnamed. But let's just say, there was a lot of sobbing).

6. What is your favorite message in a Disney movie and why?  Probably how in Frozen Elsa says that Hans might not be the right guy for Anna. Just because he's the first, doesn't mean he's perfect.
Haha thank you Anna
7. Favorite song from a Disney musical and why? Besides "Let It Go", I really like "I Won't Say I'm in Love". The tune is awesome. xD

8. Favorite lyric from a Disney musical and why? See #2.

9. What are your two favorite songs from Frozen (Because "Let It Go" is the number one choice)? Yes, it is. xD So, "Let It Go" and "Love Is an Open Door".

10. If you could make a sequel to any Disney movie, which would it be?  Hm.... I would say Frozen 2, but they might ruin it. A spin off movie where Elsa has fire powers would be cool though.Fire Elsa
Woo! Thanks again for tagging me, Sarah! I tag all of my followers or anyone who stops by my blog in general. Go for it. I believe in you.

Here are my ten questions for you:
  1. Which Disney villain do you relate to the most?
  2. How often do you want to scream at characters for not seeing the obvious?
  3. Which Disney song do you like the most (besides "Let It Go")?
  4. Which one do you dislike the most?
  5. If you could be a character in any Disney movie, which would it be? Do you think you would survive the whole movie?
  6. On a scale of 1-10, how creepy is Jungle Book (if you haven't seen it, watch it or rate a different one)?
  7. Do you think sequels are great, or do they ruin the first movie?
  8. How much do you know about Moana, the Disney princess who's coming out in 2018?
  9. Which Disney movie, other than Frozen, do you like the most?
  10. Which do you like the least?

9 comments:

  1. Tehe, fun post!
    I actually haven't watched Frozen yet. You make it sounds very enjoyable!

    I know, I know, I need to get my life together and watch the movie! *walks away in shame* Haha.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You totally should! It's so beautiful. I can't figure out if I relate more to Elsa or to Anna though. Disney did a great job.

      Delete
  2. Thank you for doing this tag, Julia:) your answers were great! Elsa and Anna are my two favorite Disney princesses
    In Christ,
    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for tagging me! It was awesome :)

      Delete
  3. I did this! http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-jJ3YIFiQyGk/U4pD5hov58I/AAAAAAAAFhU/P7tRlaOMCR8/s320/warm+hugs.jpg Thanks for tagging everyone. This is the first tag I've ever done!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't have a blog, so I'm just going to do it right here.
    1. Scar
    2. Usually I don't do it much when I'm reading, but I do it all the time when I watch movies.
    3. Why must you make me choose? Right now, it's the "Court of Miracles" from the Hunchback of Notre Dame. It's hilarious, and the tune and lyrics are just so brilliantly catchy and creative.
    4. I'm Wishing/One Song from Snow White and the Seven Dwarves. The character limit will definitely not allow me to point out all of the stupidity and blatant sexism in this song. So, I'll just leave it at that. Well, the animated birds were cute...
    5. Belle. Her story is great, and she gets huge castle and library at the end.
    6. Maybe a negative 2?
    7. If they are done right they are great, but if they aren't, they aren't.
    8. About as much as you said in the question.
    9. Beauty and the Beast or the Hunchback of Notre Dame. I love them so much I am actually going to buy them.
    10. Peter Pan. Again, sexism. A lot of it.
    I really want to see your responses. You picked really tough questions.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 1. I've seen very few Disney movies, because I was scared of them when I was little. So...I have no idea.
      2. Way more often than is ideal.
      3. I like the beginning song about Notre Dame's bells.... I know Anastasia isn't a Disney movie, but "Journey to the Past" and "Once Upon a December" are favorites.
      4. Again, I've seen so few movies so I don't really know. I just looked up "I'm Wishing/One Song", and while it's ridiculous and their voices are obnoxious, I don't see how it's sexist.
      5. I'd be Elsa, so I guess I'd survive. xD But yeah, cold has never really bothered me.
      6. Jungle Book is undoubtedly one of the creepiest movies ever. For some reason, it was one of my favorites....
      7. Same as yours
      8. Not very much. http://disney.wikia.com/wiki/Moana
      9. I'm getting the impression that I should go watch some Disney movies now. Especially as these are my own questions.
      10. From what I've seen, I'd say Dumbo. It was creepy and tragic.
      That was fun. xD I'm glad you commented.

      Delete
  5. Umm... Yeah you definitely need to watch more Disney. I think that song was sexist not necessarily as a song, but in context with the rest of the film. I felt like Walt Disney used her to paint women as only desiring and only good for romantic feelings and/or being a typical housewife. If it was only Snow White that was like that, I might give him a little forgiveness, but it really seems to me that all the classics were like that, and so I believe that Snow White was part of that pattern.

    ReplyDelete