Sunday, May 11, 2014

The Book Blogger Test

When the Notebook Sisters took the Book Blogger Test, they nominated their followers at the end. So I thought I'd so the same. :)

What are your top three book pet hates?
Instant love, when people bash books they haven't read, and when characters do stupid things.

Describe your perfect reading spot.
A window seat that looks out on a snowy day. Sighhh....

Tell us three book confessions.
1. I don't really like The Lord of the Rings. The writing style just isn't for me. I love The Hobbit and The Silmarillion though.

2. The second Percy Jackson series is, well, going down the drain. Rapidly. And the ending to The Mark of Athena really wasn't that sad, no matter how much I love Percy and Annabeth.
3. After reading part of a dreadful book which shall remain unnamed, I never read "modern" fantasy again. I'm trying to read By Darkness Hid, though, and it's really good.

When was the last time you cried during a book?
Three days ago, when I was reading Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows. J. K. Rowling is amazing.

How many books are on your bedside table?
One, How to Think Like Sherlock Holmes.
Just planning on how to become a high functioning sociopath. With your number. And that must sound really creepy unless you've seen Sherlock.
What is your favourite snack whilst your reading?
Tea or pita bread and humus.

Name three books you would recommend to everyone.
Anything by C. S. Lewis, the Harry Potter series, and the Ellie Sweet series.

Show us a picture of your favourite bookshelf on your bookcase.
I would, but I can't find the cord to up load my pictures with. Plus the lighting was horrible.

Write how much books mean to you in just three words.
Balm for souls.

What is your biggest reading secret?
I suck at reading out loud. You should hear me while I'm babysitting. "The dusk swammed--no wait, the duck swum--no, that's not right...."
Not by too much, though.
Now you can answer the questions yourself! I nominate all my followers. :)

5 comments:

  1. Lol, kind of funny that you like the Hobbit and the Silmarillion and don't like LOTR. Almost everyone I know says that the Silmarillion is depressing and not worth reading. I still want to read it, though. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wasn't really into The Silmarillion until the last seven chapters. "Of Beren and Luthien" was the first time I ever cried over fictional characters. Man, I love that book.

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I completely agree with the 2nd Percy Jackson series. It was meh and occasionally I forced myself to read it. I hadn't started LOTR until last year and I didn't like it at all. But I tried again this year and I absolutely love it! Tolkien's sense of humor is the best! I've never read any of his before and I'm looking forward to the Silmarillion. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, the second Percy Jackson series leaves something to be desired.... I wonder if there will be a third series. I don't think I'd read it.

      I'm glad you're enjoying Tolkien :) I might try LOTR again sometime, but currently my to-read pile is pretty high.

      Delete