Monday, May 26, 2014

Review for When I'm with You

When I’m With You (The Jane Austen Academy Series, #3)When I’m With You by Cecilia Gray
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

A lot was riding on this book. Northanger Abbey is my favorite of Jane Austen's, so I was excited. Did When I'm with You fulfill my expectations? YES!

Thank you, Cecilia Gray (and NetGalley and her publisher) for giving me this free book to review!

One thing I love about the Jane Austen Academy is how different all of the characters are. Lizzie is determined, Ellie is considerate, and Kat is awesome. I completely related to how she felt like she needed a script for day-to-day life and the thrill she gets when she says something right in a conversation. It's pretty exciting.

I wish we could have seen more about Josh's life though. Henry, however, was perfect. What. A. Cutie. And he loves hats, just like I do. :)
Conversation Hat animated GIF
When I'm with You is the first (and possibly only) book not set in the Jane Austen Academy itself, but the book didn't lose anything by it. The plot was addictive and quick.

I'm not an actor, but I've worked with school plays before. I loved seeing how similar--and different-- being in a movie is with being in a play. The main difference is, onscreen actors are a lot more famous than onstage ones. Thus, they're put into magazines a lot, and magazines aren't always true. When I'm with You has convinced me to disbelieve nearly everything I see about actors now!
supernatural animated GIF
Nope, I'm serious. Thank you, Cecilia Gray!
View all my reviews

2 comments:

  1. I'm a huge Jane Austen fan so I'm going to have check these out!
    Thanks for reviewing:)
    In Christ,
    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is SUCH a cute series. It'd make a great sweet sixteen birthday present. I think I'll have to do that for someone ;) Jane Austen is amazing, and so is Cecilia Gray.

      Delete