Saturday, May 17, 2014

Review for Fall For You

Fall For You (The Jane Austen Academy Series, #1)Fall For You by Cecilia Gray
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

This was SUCH a cute book. I do believe I've fallen in love with the Jane Austen Academy. I'm so excited to read When I'm With You, which is based off of Northanger Abbey.

The characters? Awesome. I definitely related to Lizzie's reaction to Bergie. She hates most change. And Dante? He's okay. Something was lacking, but I can't pinpoint what. I think few readers will be able to connect with him.

For being about romance in high school, there were some pretty deep quotes. "Maybe everything that bothered her about Dante was what she knew to be true about herself, too." Definitely food for thought. Are the qualities you dislike in someone else the same qualities you have?

I give this four stars, however, for a couple of reasons. One, I totally foresaw the twist about the new owners. Now that may be because I'm a writer, and writers often find books predictable. Two, the grammar was dreadful. Typos littered the pages. Without them, though, I would never have been able to guess that it was self-published. The story was tight and quick moving.

Would I buy the next books in the series? You bet!

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment