Wednesday, May 28, 2014

By Darkness Hid (OH MY GOSH)


By Darkness Hid (Blood of Kings, #1)By Darkness Hid by Jill Williamson
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

HOW CAN I WRITE AN INTELLIGENT REVIEW FOR SUCH AN AMAZING BOOK?!



22 Signs You Are A Harry Potter Super-Fan


Oh my gosh, just...whoa. Let's start with a story, shall we?

Once upon a time, there was a girl named Julia. A few years before this story takes place Julia read a fantasy novel.

She hated it.

After that, she read no "modern" fantasy. She read Tolkien, C. S. Lewis, and Grimm, but nothing written in the 2000s. Until now.

Julia has just discovered that she has been missing out.

I love this book to PIECES. The characters were awesome--Achan and Gren were sacrificial--Vrell was kind--Jax was noble--oh gosh. I love the characters.

And can we just talk about their names? I can pronounce all of them! Usually--or so I've heard, it's not like I've had that much experience--fantasy characters have names that are nearly impossible to pronounce. Not Jill Williamson's, though. One of my favorites is Jax mi Katt.

The plot is intriguing. It took me ages to finish this book, but that's not Jill's fault. First I was writing a fantasy novel of my own, so I didn't want to read in the genre, and then I was tentative about reading fantasy, so I'd only read a few pages at a time. But man. This is such a good book.

The CLIMAX! It was brilliant! I can't believe I didn't see through it right away, but thus is the power of Jill Williamson. Just...wow. So. Dang. Clever.
 
Will I buy the other books in the series? YES YES YES YES!!!

View all my reviews

2 comments:

  1. This is a great review and all but I have a very serious matter that needs attention I just noticed on here--*WHERE'S THE FISH?!?!?!?!?!*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I DON"T KNOW!!! I tried to fix it but it won't work. I guess the cat ate them. I'll see if I can replace them with turtles or something.

      Delete