Thursday, April 17, 2014

Why I Don't Bash TWILIGHT

Running Through the Stars


All the time, people complain against Twilight, a series about vampires by Stephanie Meyer. I've seen memes on Pinterest showing a person (or a thing, like Larry the Cucumber and a rubber duck) saying, "Still a better love story than Twilight". And I used to joke about them and then hit "Pin it".

As you can probably guess by the title of this post, I don't do that anymore. Why?

I've never read Twilight.

I'll bet most of the people who bash Twilight have never read it. All they know is that it's about vampires and a love triangle. Thus, it must be bad.

And I'm not saying it isn't. Maybe it's one of the worst books ever written. Maybe it's one of the best. I don't know, because I've never read it. I know some people who have, and they didn't like it. But as for myself, I just don't know.

I'd hate it if someone bashed my book without having ever read it. As an author, I feel really bad for Stephanie Meyer. I know she's not going to read this, but I want to apologize to her anyway.

Stephanie Meyer, I'm sorry.

Every author spends hours (some of which are pure bliss, others are agony) working on their book. It almost becomes their child. Can you imagine the joy Stephanie must have felt when a movie maker wanted to turn her books into a movie? That must have been amazing!

Thus, I don't bash Twilight. Even if I had read it, I still wouldn't bash it. Even if I hated it, making fun of it would do nothing. It's not like Stephanie Meyer can change it.

Stephanie Meyer, I'm sorry.

No comments:

Post a Comment