Tuesday, April 8, 2014

Review for THE NEW RECRUIT

The New Recruit (The Mission League, #1)The New Recruit by Jill Williamson
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Now this, THIS, is a five star book.

Seriously. I love everything about it.

The characters are awesome. I nearly cried over Spencer at one point.

And I hope Kimball and Arianna are going to be in the next books a lot. They're so funny.

The plot is fast paced and exciting. It's like an action movie, but the characters have more depth.

The writing? As another reviewer said, Jill Williamson is a master at dialogue. It was sometimes hilarious, other times tense, but altogether brilliant.

And I know this is going to sound lame and unbelievable, but I cannot find a single thing about this book that I don't like. I guess you could tell every once in a while that it was written by a Protestant, but I'm not going to book-bash simply because someone said they know they're going to go to Heaven because they were saved a while back. Maybe Arianna got a bit too preachy sometimes, but whatever. I love this book to pieces.

Also, I'd like to point out the wonderful quality of the book itself. I could rub my fingers on the page and feel the way the ink stood. And it shined beautifully in the light. Just sayin'.

Will I buy the other books in the series? Yeah baby. You bet I will.

I own By Darkness Hid, but I'm currently in the rough draft of my own fantasy novel, so I'm holding out on it. But I sure am excited for more from Jill Williamson. :)

View all my reviews

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for reviewing the book, Julia! I'm so glad you liked it. :-)

    ReplyDelete