Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Little by Little

Don't you wish you could pound out a novel in a few weeks? I've heard of a guy who wrote his 50,000 word NaNo novel in one day. I want to do that.

But, guess what, that is waaaaaay out of my league right now.

Then again, what is my league? What am I capable of? With my first Camp NaNo novel, I averaged at about 340 words a day. My goal for the month was only 11,500, and I didn't make it.

Later, for the youth NaNo program, I averaged 300-400 words a day. And for this year's April Camp NaNo, sometimes do 900+ words a day. As you can tell, that's a lot for me. In the July Camp NaNo, I hope to go for 1200+ WAD.

My point is, even if you start out small, it's better to write a little bit every day than it is to write nothing. Push yourself: you'll just keep getting better.

There will always be someone who write more words than you and somehow manages for them to be better quality as well. So? You're writing more than someone else is, and that person is writing more than another person.

Plus, it really doesn't matter.

So what if someone write more, writes better, than you or I? We're all writers (or at least, if you're reading this post, you probably are). And you're doing better than everyone who never started.

And here's some more motivation to work hard:


Written? Kitten!
I just wanted to share this with everyone: it's called "written? kitten!" and for every 100 words you write, you get a picture of a kitten. It's awesome. I will definitely try this.
For every 100 words you write, you get a picture of a cat. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment