Friday, April 4, 2014

Happy Anniversary, Blog!

Yes-siree-Bob, it's Running Through the Stars' first birthday!
RDJ Birthday
In my first post, I was working on The Keys of Quenola for Camp NaNo. I lost, but it has potential. If I spiff it around a little, it could even be a novella to accompany Hesi Survives, which is this year's Camp NaNo project.

So, how about a leetle up-date on everything.

I, Julia, am going to read a "modern" fantasy book. YES!!! Besides classics, Tolkien, and C. S. Lewis, I've read none. I tried once, and it was so horrible I assumed all modern fantasy books were that way. However, tommow By Darkness Hid will arrives. So will The New Recruit (Can you tell I'm excited for Jill Williamson?). Which one should I read first?!
 NewRecruitSmall

I entered Stephanie Morrill and Jill Williamson's 1000 word contest a few weeks ago at Go Teen Writers. While I didn't go on to the final round, I got some positive critiques for the first bit of A Kingdom of Isolation. Thank you, Stephanie and Jill!

2 comments: