Thursday, March 27, 2014

The Way I Write

Because I know how much you're dying to know my system (or maybe you're just curious. Or maybe you've never thought about it at all), here's what I do, including pictures! I've used my camera more often in the last two days than I have in the last two years.

Running Through the Stars

1. My desk
Yes, I have a feather pen. :) Inside that bucket are little jars of ink for it too. Also on my desk are some of my pens, my handy-dandy notebook, my note cards with plot points in them (in the strawberry recipe card box), my reading light (it can be surprisingly dark at my desk), and my water bottle.

2. My 3-ring binder
It also has things in it about Hesi Survives and The Princes of Ventweno, but I'm only going to show pictures of the part for A Kingdom of Isolation.

3. Inside ze binder
          A. Plot
I blurred and colored parts of it so there won't be spoilers. :) Underneath the clear binder divider that I wrote on is Jill Williamson's Scene Plotting Chart for One Point of View. So awesome.

          B. Characters
               I have three Character Charts (also by Jill Williamson), one for Ares, one for Natalie, and one for Gianna. I tried to take pictures of them, but they came out horribly, so I can't put them here.

          C. Ideas for when I revise A Kingdom of Isolation in my purple notebook
               Again, I tried to take a picture, but it didn't work. :P

So there you have what works for me :)

No comments:

Post a Comment