Friday, March 21, 2014

Review for SIXTEEN

SixteenSixteen by Emily Rachelle
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Nicole "Nikki" Johnson has never gotten along with her mother, so when she meets a great new guy, it's no surprise that Matt's age is all her mom sees. Just because he's twenty-four and she's sixteen doesn't mean he's a creeper! Thankfully, Nikki's dad allows Nikki and Matt to be together and see how things work out. Their relationship is fantastic and Nikki is on cloud nine... 

Until the Fourth of July picnic, when things go too far. Now a very changed Nikki has to make choices that will affect her every relationship - with Matt, her parents, her best friend, and most importantly, God.

I'm so excited for Sixteen to come out in book form! :D I'll definitely buy it.
Fangirl
Currently it's only on E-Readers.

The love story is believable, even though starts quickly. Nikki does not care one little bit if Matt's several years older than her. I mean, it's not like he's 60. He's 24.
Mermaid
I'm impresses how clean Sixteen is, considering it deals with teen pregnancy. If one of the middle schoolers I know wanted to read this, it would be totally appropriate. Sixteen shows that teen pregnancy is wrong, but after Nikki's pregnant, what can she do? The way she and her friend, Christy, handle the situation is very well done.

I wish the characters were more relatable to people other than teen moms. I would have loved to see more of Nikki's and Matt's characters.

Also, I remember three of my mom's pregnancies, and I'm pretty sure a pregnant woman can eat the same things she always has (expect alcohol). Sixteen often mentions that Nikki has to be careful about what she eats, but considering she's only sixteen, she should't have to worry about dietary things while pregnant.

Favorite quote? Christy says, "In the end, after all the evidence from Christians and all the doubts from others, you just have to decide if you believe God or not." Christy's got it right.

I don't know when Sixteen comes into print, but I sure can't wait until it does. :)

View all my reviews

2 comments:

  1. This one sounds interesting! Where can I find it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you have a Kindle or a Nook, it's only a dollar! For Kindle: http://www.amazon.com/Sixteen-Emily-Rachelle-ebook/dp/B00HVOD5SW/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1395833159&sr=8-1&keywords=sixteen+kindle . For Nook: http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/sixteen-emily-rachelle/1118141651?ean=2940045577212.
      I don't know when it comes out on book form.

      Delete