Wednesday, February 12, 2014

The Revised Life of Ellie Sweet

The Revised Life of Ellie Sweet (Ellie Sweet, #1)The Revised Life of Ellie Sweet by Stephanie Morrill
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

One book about an introvert writer + a teen novel = awesomeness.

Right from the beginning, I understood Ellie Sweet. In every situation she was in, I would have done the same thing. This was the first time I had EVER related to a female character in a novel, and not only that but also the first main character I've related to (except BBC Sherlock, but that's another story).
#thatwasamazing
The plot? Eh.... I wish there was more about Ellie's book in the first 30% of it (my kindle uses percentages). That would have rocked. Instead, we got a lot of "guy" trouble. Ellie was not quite as careful around Chase as she probably should have been, considering his reputation.

But when she starts talking more about the book Ellie's writing, THAT's when things really pick up. I would totally buy Ellie's book. It's about herself, but set in medieval Italy. Clever!

While Ellie herself never does anything "inappropriate", most of her friends do. Just a heads up, this book is for highschooler and over.

Is this a book I'd buy (even though I already own the kindle version)? Yes!
#happydance
I'll buy the next book as well. :)

View all my reviews

2 comments:

  1. I really liked Ellie's sarcastic voice. :) I wish there was more about God though... Have you read the second one?

    http://teensliveforjesus.blogspot.ru/2014/05/the-revised-life-of-ellie-sweet-by.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I've read them both, and have always hoped for a third! I don't think Stephanie Morrill is going to write another though. :P I didn't mind the lack of religion because she wasn't trying to write a Christian novel, she was trying to write one about a writer, and religion wasn't a big part of Ellie's life.

      Delete