Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Go Teen Writers Review

Go Teen Writers: How to Turn Your First Draft into a Published BookGo Teen Writers: How to Turn Your First Draft into a Published Book by Stephanie Morrill
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Best writing book EVER.

This book is amazing. I can tell that Stephanie Morrill and Jill Williamson honestly want to help writers get published (Thank you so much for not ending up like Bronte from The Revised Life of Ellie Sweet).

Go Teen Writers is definitely a book I'll keep close by and refer to often. It's funny, honest, and helpful, especially about getting an agent.

The only problem is that the book had things in it the authors said not to use. For example, it said "a bit", and then on the next page said not to. I know this book is written informally, but it does seem strange for that to be in there.

Is this a book I'd suggest others get? Yes, certainly. I love how the authors referenced their own books. I just added Jill Williamson's The New Recruit on my to-read list. :) (Partially because we both have characters named Arianna. Don't worry, I'm going to change mine. :)

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment