Friday, December 20, 2013

Movie Reviews (Spoilers in Both)

 Grant it, I paid very little attention to the movie, so if this review is off, have mercy! My best friend, CM, was there right next to me, and she is GORGEOUS. I was way more happy to see her than I was to see the book she gave me, of course, but BOTH? That was amazing. Another Barnes and Noble edition has been added to my shelf.

Anyhoo, about ze movie.

Smaug
I couldn't tell he was Benedict Cumberbatch, but he was still awesome. He was HUGE. But half the times he blew fire, at least one person should have died. No one did.

Bard
I think they made his role too big, but hey, he is important. His children were a good addition too. I thought it would be horrid, but it wasn't.

Tauriel
Again, I thought she would be horrid. While she's not good, she's not the world's worst female character. The thing with her, Kili, and Legolas was okay.

Thranduil
I expected him to be more majestic, although how they could do that, I don't know. His clothes rocked though.

Legolas
He was awesome. And way more handsome than in LOTR.

Kili's Wound
Hm. It could have been taken out.

Kili's Stone/Tocket/Death Runes Thing
Awww. :) That was pretty funny, and sweet. I hope his mother is in the next movie.

Thorin
SO MUCH MAJESTY. :-o Whoa....

Dwalin's Hair
Was I the only who who noticed that in the first movie it was brown, and in this movie it was grey? :(

All in all, it was great. I felt sick through a lot of it, but that's not the movie's fault.

From the outside, Elsa looks poised, regal and reserved, but in reality, she lives in fear as she wrestles with a mighty secret—she was born with the power to create ice and snow. Haunted by the moment her magic nearly killed her younger sister Anna, Elsa has isolated herself, spending every waking minute trying to suppress her growing powers. Her mounting emotions trigger the magic, accidentally setting off an eternal winter that she can’t stop. She fears she’s becoming a monster...
I saw Frozen last weekend, and it was wonderful. My only complaint is how tiny the women are. :P You could probably grab their waists and snap them in half.

I have to get off the computer now, so I'll just say that Elsa's and Anna's relationship was great, and I absolutely adored the movie. It was way better than Tangled, which I loved, so yeah, go watch Frozen now.

4 comments:

  1. hi there :) just scrolling through you're posts since we didn't make it out to church this morning. Just wanted to say, when you watch the Desolation of Smaug again, you can actually tell in a lot of parts Smaug was very Benedict. Maybe I just see it more than everyone else because I saw photos from the motion capture sessions, but the dragon's movements were almost exact to how he "slithered" and how his arms were and everything. The voice was pretty unrecognizable though. I dunno, maybe I just took super close attention because it was Benny :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wasn't able to make it to church either! Yeah, I felt sick through a lot of DOS, which may have been why I didn't recognize Benny.

      Delete
  2. well then there's only one thing to do...see it again!

    ReplyDelete