Monday, December 16, 2013

GUESS WHAT, MORTALS

Guess what?

Guess guess guess!!!!

Haha, good luck with that. Because you know what?

I"M GOING TO SELF-PUBLISH MY NANOWRIMO BOOK.

If they want to, all of the winners get five free copies of their book from CreateSpace. Their book also goes on Amazon. :-o I'm okay with that because I'm pretty sure not many people will read my book, but it'll be a nice exposure to the whole publishing thing.

What's the difference between self-publishing and traditional publishing?

With self-publishing, you just send your book in and they take care of the rest. It's extremely expensive (except for NaNo winners ;), but your book will definitely be published. It won't have the respect traditional publishing has, though. It may not appear in bookstores.

Traditional publishing is where you send your book to a publishing company where someone will read it, and either accept it or reject it. If it's accepted, you'll become a published author, and your book may be famous. If you're rejected, well, better luck next time. That doesn't mean your book is bad, it just means the publishing company won't use it for various reasons. The Harry Potter series was rejected twelve times.

So, yeah. The Princes of Ventweno will be self-published. I'll probably put it through 5 rounds of revision. I'm on the first one now. I'm taking out the weird things, fixing spelling, ect. Then I'll ask one of my friends to go over it, then I'll go over it again, then I'll ask another friend to go over it, then I'll go over it one more time, then I'll send it in.

Because POV is the fourth book in the series, I'm going to change things around a bit. I'll put more information into POV so it can be read alone, and the other three books will be backstories.

Very exciting. :D

2 comments: