Saturday, November 23, 2013

The Lightning Thief

I haven't read any "light" fiction in a while (meaning I have read nothing but classics and books for school since July, probably), but sometimes easy little fiction is refreshing.

The Lightning Thief (Percy Jackson and the Olympians Series #1) I finished The Lightning Thief last night!

I loved it waaaaaaaaaay more than I thought I would. I mean, it came from the teen section in my library. But Rick Riordan's writing rocks, and guess what? I like the female AND the main characters. :-o Those are the ones I usually hate. Annabeth and Percy are awesome though. Annabeth's tough, but is a bit insecure. And Percy is adorable.

The four-lined prophecy, though.

I won't say what happened, but I think finishing the third line in the last chapter, and barely going over the fourth one, needs some work.

But if I had to rate this book, it would be four and a half stars. I can't wait to read the next ones. :D

No comments:

Post a Comment