Monday, July 29, 2013

Gone With the Wind Name Meanings

Over at The Book Chewers, they're blogging about book character's names. I'll be doing names from Gone With the Wind.

Scarlett: red. Not surprisingly. It goes well with Scarlett's personality because red is fiery and sharp, just like her.

Ashley: ash-tree meadow. I guess it works because ash-trees and meadows sounds soft, and boy, Ashley was soft.

Rhett: advice. Um. Whoa. Well, I guess he does give Scarlett good financial advise, but certainly not moral or social advice.

Gerald: spear warrior. It suits him perfectly, for a more fiery Irishman will never be found.

Ellen: light. This one is wonderful. Ellen was a burning beacon to all who knew her. She was a "fount of wisdom", to quote the book.

Melanie: dark-clothed. Um......NO.

 So, there you go! Hop on over to The Book Chewers, and check out their awesome blog!

2 comments:

  1. This is great! I love it when the names (sort of) match up. It makes me feel like the authors are even more super-awesome then I thought. Authors are awesome! Yay!

    Thanks for linking up with us!

    ReplyDelete